Making Stone Ladybug Garden Ornaments
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 7, 2018
This is a fun craft for the garden, made from the garden! I collected the roundest stones I could find in my backyard, painted them to look like ladybugs, then placed them all around the garden. Such a fun pop of colour! This is a great all-ages craft.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 5 ladybug stones
- round stones
- acrylic paint (red, black, white, blue)
- paint brush
- Throughly clean and dry the stones you find. Paint them with a coat of red paint and allow to dry.
- If the stone has a narrower area, use it to paint on a black semicircle for the face.
- Now paint a straight black line from the middle of the face all the way to the back.
- Paint a curved triangle on the back. This will create the slight spreading of the ladybug wings.
- Gently dot some black spots onto the back. They can be of varying sizes.
- On the face, use a smaller paintbrush, or flip your brush over and use the narrow tip, to dot on white for eyeballs and blue for pupils.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.