Making Stone Ladybug Garden Ornaments
Paint stones to look like cute little lady bugs to add to your garden or potted plants. Everything you need to know to make these sweeties is found in the tutorial below.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fun craft for the garden, made from the garden! I collected the roundest stones I could find in my backyard, painted them to look like ladybugs, then placed them all around the garden. Such a fun pop of colour! This is a great all-ages craft.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 5 ladybug stones
- round stones
- acrylic paint (red, black, white, blue)
- paint brush
- Throughly clean and dry the stones you find. Paint them with a coat of red paint and allow to dry.
- If the stone has a narrower area, use it to paint on a black semicircle for the face.
- Now paint a straight black line from the middle of the face all the way to the back.
- Paint a curved triangle on the back. This will create the slight spreading of the ladybug wings.
- Gently dot some black spots onto the back. They can be of varying sizes.
- On the face, use a smaller paintbrush, or flip your brush over and use the narrow tip, to dot on white for eyeballs and blue for pupils.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.