Making Wooden Bookends
If you own or have access to a saw and drill you can make these easy wooden bookends. The supplies are listed below and you can add your own embellishments to suit your tastes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
With just a few pieces of wood to complete this project, you can have lovely bookends for any room at home or your office at work. This project also makes a lovely gift, that can be personalized for a child or adult. Here is how!
Total Time: 2 hrs.
- 2 5x6 pieces of wood
- 2 7x6 pieces of wood
- screws or nails
- spray paint
- 2 wood cut outs (optional)
- card stock paper (optional)
- These book ends were cut from left over 6x1 wood. Cut 2 - 5 inch pieces and 2 - 7 inch pieces.
- Place together using the smaller piece on the bottom, screwing or nailing together. Drill pilot holes and then assemble using screws. Optional: A countersink drill bit can be helpful in this project.
- Lightly sand the edges.
- Spray paint. (The house shapes were added prior to painting.)
- Added embellishments (optional). I used these house shapes covered with cardstock paper and paper flowers. The cardstock and the paper flowers were added after the bookends, including the house shapes, were spray painted.
- Ready to gift or use yourself.