Making Wooden Bookends
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts
May 25, 2019
With just a few pieces of wood to complete this project, you can have lovely bookends for any room at home or your office at work. This project also makes a lovely gift, that can be personalized for a child or adult. Here is how!
Total Time: 2 hrs.
- 2 5x6 pieces of wood
- 2 7x6 pieces of wood
- screws or nails
- spray paint
- 2 wood cut outs (optional)
- card stock paper (optional)
- These book ends were cut from left over 6x1 wood. Cut 2 - 5 inch pieces and 2 - 7 inch pieces.
- Place together using the smaller piece on the bottom, screwing or nailing together. Drill pilot holes and then assemble using screws. Optional: A countersink drill bit can be helpful in this project.
- Lightly sand the edges.
- Spray paint. (The house shapes were added prior to painting.)
- Added embellishments (optional). I used these house shapes covered with cardstock paper and paper flowers. The cardstock and the paper flowers were added after the bookends, including the house shapes, were spray painted.
- Ready to gift or use yourself.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.