Making Your Own Cake Stand

Category Miscellaneous
When presenting a cake for a special occasion, it is often nice to have it raised on a stand. This is a guide about making your own cake stand.

This is my $2 fruit/cake plate that I made. However, the fruit is not usually scattered on the table, but I needed to show what it looked like without them, which by the way are fake.

I bought the dinner plate and the candle holder at my local Dollar Tree and simply turned the candle holder upside down and used epoxy (or any strong glue) to secure the plate on top since I couldn't find a fruit/cake stand to coordinate with my table setting.

Very easy and very inexpensive. This can be done for any other holiday, just use the appropriate type plates.

By Roseanna from North Masspequa, NY

How can I make a cake stand using two glass plates?

By Germaine from Bennettsville, SC

Answers

Find lovely glass candlestick of height you want between plates. Use glue specifically for glass. Glue bottom of candlestick to top of bottom plate & top of candlestick to bottom of top plate. Looks great with clear glass plates & crystal candlestick.

Germaine, you can make a cake stand out of any glassware. I used clear silicone caulk to put this together..........I realize it is not a cake stand but this is just to give you an idea of what you can do.