Making an Ice Cream Cake

Easy and no baking! Really good, doesn't last long!

Directions:

Depending on how big you are making and if you are doing one or two cakes. This is for one cake, about an 8 1/2 x 11 inch cake pan

Crust: Crush cookies (whatever flavor you want (can be generic). Add melted butter to is. Spread along cake pan bottom.

Cake: Mix 1 half gallon container of ice cream with 1 small container of cool whip. Mix in candy or cookies if you want. Then pour over crushed cookies in cake pan.

Topping: Sprinkle your choice of candy and sprinkles

Note: You can use generic Oreo cookies for crust, Reese's Pieces for one cake and Butterfingers for the second cake if you make two.

Keep in freezer until use then store in freezer until next serving.

Source: my granddaughter

By Trudy from Springfield, IL

8 More Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

I love ice cream, in fact, my whole family loves ice cream. Who doesn't! My two year old loves it so much that after one helping he says "More, please!"

A rich chocolate cake to bake, and create this delicious treat for any summer occasion.

Recipe for Coconut Ice Cream Cake. Boil 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp. salt and 1 Tbsp. flour. Beat slightly 3 egg yolks. Add to above slowly. . .

I need recipes for ice cream cake.

Thanks,
NAZ from ITHACA, NY

Answers

Best Answer

I use those new silicone (rubber like) round baking pans. I make 3 thin layers of whatever flavored box cake using same pan. Clean well between baking. Cool completely.

Let a half gallon of ice cream soften in fridge or on counter to very soft. Pour half into cleaned out silicon pan and level with spatula. Freeze for several hours. Pop out and refreeze while doing the rest of the ice cream.

I set my cake base on a marble tray(stays colder- metal would be good to, but I am sure anything would work) then ice cream hard layer, cake, ice cream, etc. straighten up edges and cover with plastic wrap (to avoid freezer smells) and freeze for an hour or so. I use 3 containers of frosting(betty crocker). Frost until icecream starts melting-refreeze and then smooth out frosting flaws! I have a lot of "in and out" of the freezer during the frosting! But looks fantastic in the end.

Our favorite is Choc. cake with choc mint ice cream with milk choc frosting. YUMMMMM! Decorate top as you like! have also done oreos and then poured the melt and pour canister frosting on top! We call it TOXIC CHOCOLATE around here! ; ) Those silicon pans rock, you just have to pop the ice cream out with no tricks! I have the muffin, loaf and cookie sheet too! They are awesome, sold at Walmart.

By Melissa

Answer this Question

These mini heart shaped ice cream cakes are a tasty treat you can make for people you care about this Valentine's Day. This page shows you how to make them.

Heart Shaped Mini Ice Cream Cakes

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

Whether it's for a birthday party or other celebration, a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake is sure to get gobbled up by your guests. This cake is easy to make and can be decorated and customized for any occasion.

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake - slice of cake 2

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This no bake ice cream cake features layers of cookies, ice cream, and cookie crumbs. Read on for instructions for assembling this scrumptious frozen layered cake.

slice of cookie ice cream cake

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If you are looking for an easy alternative to making an ice cream cake, try making an ice cream sandwich cake. This is a page about making an ice cream sandwich cake.

Ice Cream Sandwiches

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes Ice CreamSeptember 22, 2013
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-an-Ice-Cream-Cake.html