Making Your Own Knitwit Tool

With a precut wood circle from a craft store, headless nails and a dowel for the handle, you can make your own nitwit tool. This is a guide about making your own knitwit tool.

I wanted to make a project using the Knit Wit tool, however, everywhere I look they are sold out (wonder if it is because the project is featured in the December Martha Stewart magazine? hmm). Anyway I am looking at it online and it seems as though I should be able to make one. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

By Carol Young from Landisville, PA

Answers

Here are some links with how-to's (2 different styles):
www.knitting-and.com/.../daisy-wheel.htm
www.knitting-and.com/.../ice-cream.htm

Judging from the pic at the link below it looks like you could just get a precut wood circle fromt the craft or hardware store and put in small headless nails or brads and perhaps a dowel for the handle.

Thanks Kaelle! I will try it and let you know if it works :)

Carol you can get a two combs and go to lowes and get them to nail those two hair combs on a small board together side by side to make a straight loom. Pam G. Alabama

I just found one on ebay that was $30 buy it now or best offer. I offered $20 and it was accepted. It was from wallysweb. There were 4 available.