Making Zucchini and Bisquick Squares
These delicious zucchini and Bisquick squares are easy to make, are a great way to use up excess squash, and best of all they can be frozen for later meals. Add additional veggies to balance out the zucchini, as desired, for interesting variations.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A delicious, easy dish with a quiche like texture to use your abundance of zucchini. Good hot or cold. This recipe can be a main dish, side dish or even cut into small squares to serve at a party.
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: Serves 4
Source: I got this one from my neighbor after giving her some zucchini from my garden.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 tsp oregano and garlic powder to taste
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper or to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, grated or chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine Bisquick, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Make a well in center of mixture and add eggs and oil. Mix with spoon well.
- Grate zucchini.
- Add zucchini, onion and cheddar cheese; mixing well.
- Grease a 9X13 in. Pyrex or sheet pan with butter, margarine or coconut oil. Add mixture to pan. My 9X13 was unavailable so I used two smaller pans this time.
- Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes, then place in broiler to brown top for an additional 2 or 3 minutes.
- I like to let mine cool and top with unflavored yogurt. You could also use sour cream or nothing at all!
Read More Comments
This is an inexpensive, healthy, meatless meal. I used zucchini from my garden. I also had some mushrooms I had to use up, so I added those, even though the recipe didn't call for it. These can be frozen, which means a quick breakfast for a busy mornings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups zucchini, thinly chopped (I used shredded)
- 1 cup bisquick
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried (I used Italian seasoning)
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. In large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden in color. When cooled cut into squares.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.