A delicious, easy dish with a quiche like texture to use your abundance of zucchini. Good hot or cold. This recipe can be a main dish, side dish or even cut into small squares to serve at a party.
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: Serves 4
Source: I got this one from my neighbor after giving her some zucchini from my garden.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 tsp oregano and garlic powder to taste
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper or to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, grated or chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine Bisquick, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Make a well in center of mixture and add eggs and oil. Mix with spoon well.
- Grate zucchini.
- Add zucchini, onion and cheddar cheese; mixing well.
- Grease a 9X13 in. Pyrex or sheet pan with butter, margarine or coconut oil. Add mixture to pan. My 9X13 was unavailable so I used two smaller pans this time.
- Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes, then place in broiler to brown top for an additional 2 or 3 minutes.
- I like to let mine cool and top with unflavored yogurt. You could also use sour cream or nothing at all!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!