Making Custom Push Pins
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
February 20, 2020
I love making push pins with my own designs. Visually, they make it easy for me to separate different bills, events, and reminders on my cork board with just one glance. To make your own, all you need are some flat-head thumbtacks, hot glue, and paint. You can make any design you like!
Total Time: 1 hour plus dry time
- parchment paper
- hot glue gun with glue
- acrylic paints
- flat-head thumbtacks
- Draw outlines of your designs on the parchment paper with your pencil. Make sure there is at least one area on each that is bigger than the head of the tack.
- Carefully fill in the outlines with hot glue.
- Paint in your designs. Allow to fully dry.
- Flip the designs over. Add a tiny ball of hot glue to the top of a tack and press down onto the design. Repeat with the rest.
- Pin up your papers. I've used a music note pin for my concert ticket and a heart pin for an anniversary party reminder. Have fun!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.