Making a 3D Ice Cream Greeting Card

Category Cards
Start with colored craft paper, a TP tube, mini pom poms, and some sequins and create this fun 3D card. Personalize it for any occasion. It is perfect for your Valentine.

This is a sweet little greeting card you can make for that special someone in your life. I made this from scraps around the house on some card stock paper. The cardboard tubing from a roll of toilet paper makes a great ice cream cone because of its curvature.

Total Time: 45 minutes

Yield: 1 card

• solid craft paper
  • patterned craft paper
  • scissors
  • glue
  • toilet paper tube
  • pen
  • mini pom poms
  • sequins

1. To make your card base, cut a rectangle from your solid coloured craft paper and fold it in half. Mine was about 8" x 5" when opened.
  2. Cut out a square piece of the patterned craft paper and glue it in the center of the front of the card.
  3. Write out your message on the top and bottom of the card on the solid paper.
  4. To make the ice cream cone, cut out a small triangle from the edge of the toilet paper tube.
  5. Crosshatch some lines on it with your pen.
  6. Bend in the edges so it turns into half a cone.
  7. Trim one of the pom poms so it is smaller than the other. This will be the smaller scoop of ice cream on top.
  8. Dab some glue on the inside edges of the cone and affix it to the bottom of the patterned paper, then glue the scoops of ice cream on top.
  9. Glue some sequins onto the pom poms.

I love the pink color palette you went with. Such a cute card!

Ah, thanks Michelle! I gave it to my Valentine a bit early. I think he will get several cards from me this month ;)

Crafts Paper CardsDecember 30, 2019
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-02 09:46:00 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️