Making a 3D Pop-Up Heart Card
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
February 10, 2020
You only need a few pieces of coloured paper, scissors, and glue to make this beautiful pop-up card. You could even make just the card base and the heart using two colours. I used three to make it high contrast. :)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- craft paper (white, red, and black)
- glue stick
- Stack the 3 pieces of colouredpaper on top of each other. White, red, and then black in the middle. Fold in half.
- Remove the white sheet from the outside. Draw half a heart on the outside of the red folded sheet (black stays inside).
- Cut out the heart shape from the red and black sheets. Take out the black heart and set aside. Use your ruler to draw several straight lines from near the red heart edge to the fold.
- Use your scissors to cut the lines out of the red heart. Stop before hitting the edge of the heart.
- Use your pencil or ruler to separate the cuts by weaving under and over.
- Now fold the upper strips so they are turned the opposite way from the lower strips.
- Glue the outer area of this red heart onto the black heart. The downward folding sections will stay in place nicely, but you can also glue those down if you wish. Glue to the folded white paper if making a card.
- Write a message on the front of the closed card, and open to expose the pop-up.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.