Making a Bejeweled Jewelry Box
These little bejeweled tins are perfect for Valentine's Day or for use as wedding favors. It would also be a wonderful way to present a gift of jewelry.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute bejeweled jewelry box perfect for little girls to gift. My niece liked the idea, so we made a couple for her to give to her best friends.
This craft is reasonable price wise. The tins we already had, but they are $15 for 30 tins (in your choice of heart, square, or circle) which comes out to be .50 cents each plus supplies. These little tins are useful for party favors, organizing storage, and crafts.
Total Time: 10-15 minutes per box
- tin box (your desired shape)
- assorted beads
- hot glue
- cotton stuffing
- Using your choice of tin box (we used heart and square shaped tin boxes) gather the assorted big gems and buttons you have and lay them on top of the tin to get an idea before hot gluing them down.
- Once you like the position hot glue down to secure. Then as a filler, add smaller beads all around.
- Use the same concept with the square tin box. As a tip: When you're applying the filler beads leave your tin inside a small box so as you pour the beads on top of the hot glue, they won't spill everywhere.
- Use any leftover cotton filling for the inside of the tin lining - cut into the shape of your box.
- Allow the beads to set for a few minutes then shake off any excess beads that may fall off. Then you're ready to put your gift inside (small ring or necklace) and gift to your friends!
January 27, 20180 found this helpful
Aww...These are absolutely adorable! They are definitely the perfect craft and gift idea for any age!
February 11, 20180 found this helpful
Thank you! :) I even saved one for myself.