How to Create a Bejeweled Mirror

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

BeJeweled' Mirror - finished mirror with mirror tiles in centerI just put this in the fair, so keep your fingers crossed!

Total Time: With glue curing time, 36 hours

Yield: 1

Source: I have seen countless versions but this one if all mine.

• 1 mirror of your choice and size ($.49)
  • 1 oz E-6000 or your choice of glue
  • multiple pieces of broken or miss matched jewelry
  • 6 in ribbon scraps ($010)
  • 3 jewelers tools ($0.00)
  • 3 in duct tape
  • scissors ($0.00)
  • 2 Bags Dollar Tree sand, or something to weigh the gems down
  • 1 Strip ribbon beads ($.25-.100)
  • square mirrors about 1" in size ($.50)
BeJeweled' Mirror - supplies

BeJeweled' Mirror - supplies including tools

BeJeweled' Mirror - gems, etc. used in project

1. I didn't do this so it was harder than I expected. But turn the mirror over and put the hanging ribbon on first. I used hot glue and duct tape. I also provided the fair with an easel should the ribbon not hold. I will put the hanger on first from now on.
  2. The first thing I did was to sort out the jewelry and make sure any gems or finding I needed off were "deconstructed". Then you can choose the ones you want to use.
  3. BeJeweled' Mirror - sort and prepare jewelry and findings

4. I then glued the "ribbon fringe" on the back. Because you can't "curve" a straight piece of ribbon, I made little notches in it so it would glue in a round shape.
  5. BeJeweled' Mirror - notch and glue the ribbon fringe onto the back of the mirror

6. Once the largest pieces were where I wanted them, I glued them on. Then I sat a little drawer on and weighted it down with some Dollar Tree sand. You don't want to lay anything on the gems that the glue might stick to. That is why I used the little flat drawer.
  7. BeJeweled' Mirror - small plastic drawer filled with sand weighing down glued on gems

8. 12 hours later, I set the next bit of gems in. I found that the first round was the largest, then the second needed to be the medium sized one. I had some that were matching sets, so I placed those across from each other, equally distancing them from their "twin". This only shows on the last round.
  9. BeJeweled' Mirror - final row of gems after others glued and allowed to dry

10. With the next 12 hours done, I set in the last smaller pieces. Now I would love to say that all my gems were flat but they sure weren't. I got away with having some beveled gems because they were small enough to fit in the "crevices" of the medium gems. If I were doing this for a client, I would be a lot more picky. But this was my first one and the fair is a great way to "test" things you submit.
  11. BeJeweled' Mirror - closeup

BeJeweled' Mirror - closeup of other bottom side

BeJeweled' Mirror - side top

BeJeweled' Mirror - other top side

12. I put on some square pieces of mirror for a final touch. Then, all the glue strings and fingerprints need to be cleaned off. You are now ready to "N-JOY" your new mirror!!

Crafts Home Decor WallsMarch 3, 2020
🌻
😎
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Create-a-Bejeweled-Mirror.html