WallsHome Decor

BeJeweled' Mirror

I just put this in the fair, so keep your fingers crossed!

Total Time: With glue curing time, 36 hours

Yield: 1

Source: I have seen countless versions but this one if all mine.

1. I didn't do this so it was harder than I expected. But turn the mirror over and put the hanging ribbon on first. I used hot glue and duct tape. I also provided the fair with an easel should the ribbon not hold. I will put the hanger on first from now on.
  2. The first thing I did was to sort out the jewelry and make sure any gems or finding I needed off were "deconstructed". Then you can choose the ones you want to use.
  3. I then glued the "ribbon fringe" on the back. Because you can't "curve" a straight piece of ribbon, I made little notches in it so it would glue in a round shape.
  4. Once the largest pieces were where I wanted them, I glued them on. Then I sat a little drawer on and weighted it down with some Dollar Tree sand. You don't want to lay anything on the gems that the glue might stick to. That is why I used the little flat drawer.
  5. 12 hours later, I set the next bit of gems in. I found that the first round was the largest, then the second needed to be the medium sized one. I had some that were matching sets, so I placed those across from each other, equally distancing them from their "twin". This only shows on the last round.
  6. With the next 12 hours done, I set in the last smaller pieces. Now I would love to say that all my gems were flat but they sure weren't. I got away with having some beveled gems because they were small enough to fit in the "crevices" of the medium gems. If I were doing this for a client, I would be a lot more picky. But this was my first one and the fair is a great way to "test" things you submit.
  7. I put on some square pieces of mirror for a final touch. Then, all the glue strings and fingerprints need to be cleaned off. You are now ready to "N-JOY" your new mirror!!
  8. Ad

Beautiful! Loved how your mirror turned out.

Thanks so much!! Even if I don't win a ribbon it will look stunning on my wall!!

Looks like a winner to me!
Very pretty and inexpensive but does not look that way.
I have a "shut-in" friend that I think would really like to try something like this.
Thanks - you make such fun things.