Making a Craft Stick Ballerina
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
September 13, 2018
This is a simple and cute craft stick ballerina that can be used for many purposes:
- read along stick while reading
- a toy to accompany the book you/your child is reading
- as a bookmark
- to play with (puppet style) for your child
- as party decor
Total Time: 35 minutes
- craft stick
- paint/paint brush
- hot glue
- painter's tape
- X-acto knife
- pipe cleaner
- cupcake liner or tissue paper
- For the ballerina tutu, Option 1: you can use a cupcake liner. Flatten the cupcake liner and fold in half.
- Option 2: You can trace and cut out a circle from your choice of colored tissue paper. I traced a CD and cut out. I used two layers and folded accordion style (for pleats) as the tutu.
- Using a pencil free hand sketch the ballet shoes.
- You can skip this step if you can paint well between the lines, but I can't so I used painter's tape (and made a stencil) so I can paint the ballet shoes. Then freehand technique to paint the top of the ballerina's outfit.
- Allow to dry.
- Once dried, peel off the painter's tape and trace details with a Sharpie.
- Draw on your choice of facial expressions.
- To make the hair, I used pipe cleaners.
- Fit the hair to ballerina and hot glue down to secure.
- Using a glue stick, secure ballerina tutu to craft stick.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.