Making a Craft Stick Ballerina
Make these cute ballerina puppets with supplies you may already have at home. Cupcake liners attached to craft sticks make perfect tutus for your dancers.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a simple and cute craft stick ballerina that can be used for many purposes:
- read along stick while reading
- a toy to accompany the book you/your child is reading
- as a bookmark
- to play with (puppet style) for your child
- as party decor
Total Time: 35 minutes
- craft stick
- paint/paint brush
- hot glue
- painter's tape
- X-acto knife
- pipe cleaner
- cupcake liner or tissue paper
- For the ballerina tutu, Option 1: you can use a cupcake liner. Flatten the cupcake liner and fold in half.
- Option 2: You can trace and cut out a circle from your choice of colored tissue paper. I traced a CD and cut out. I used two layers and folded accordion style (for pleats) as the tutu.
- Using a pencil free hand sketch the ballet shoes.
- You can skip this step if you can paint well between the lines, but I can't so I used painter's tape (and made a stencil) so I can paint the ballet shoes. Then freehand technique to paint the top of the ballerina's outfit.
- Allow to dry.
- Once dried, peel off the painter's tape and trace details with a Sharpie.
- Draw on your choice of facial expressions.
- To make the hair, I used pipe cleaners.
- Fit the hair to ballerina and hot glue down to secure.
- Using a glue stick, secure ballerina tutu to craft stick.
CommentsRead More Comments