Making a Crochet Travel Bag

Category Purses
Finished jewelry or makeup bag
Store your jewelry, makeup or other essentials in this little crocheted bag. This is a guide about making a crochet travel bag.

This is a great little bag to put your jewelry in when travelling, or carrying makeup in your purse. It would also make a nice gift bag for small gifts. Have fun! :)

Total Time: Around an hour

Source: My version of a picture I saw online.:)

• "I" crochet hook
  • less than 100 yards #4 worsted weight yarn
  • scissors
  • embroidery needle for weaving in ends

1. Ch 5, join.
  2. Ch 3, 13 dc in your ring, join with a slip stitch to the top of your ch 3.
  3. Ch 3, 1 dc in same space as your ch, 2 dc in each stitch around, join with a slip stitch to the top of your ch.
  4. Ad

5. Ch 3, 1 dc in the same space as your ch, 1 dc in next stitch, *2 dc in next stitch, 1 dc in next stitch*, repeat steps between ** around, join with a slip stitch to the top of your ch.
  6. *Work this row only in BACK LOOPS* Ch 3, 1 dc in next stitch and each around, join with a slip stitch to your ch 3.
  7. Ad

8. Drop your existing color, do not fasten off, pick up your coordinating color, ch 1, sc in the same space as your ch.
  9. Skip 2 stitches, *2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in the next stitch, skip 2 stitches, sc in the next stitch, skip 2 stitches*, repeat steps between ** until you have 2 stitches left, skip, join with a slip stitch to your first sc.
  10. Ad

11. Drop this color, do not fasten off, pick up your first color, Ch 3, 1 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in the same space as your ch, *sc in the ch space of the next shell, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in the next sc*, repeat steps between **until you reach the end , slip stitch to the top of your ch 3.
  12. Repeat last step 4 times more, alternating colors each time. You will have a total of 6 shell rows.
  13. Ad

14. Ch 1, sc in the same space as your ch and each stitch around. *Do NOT sc in the ch spaces.*
  15. Ch 5, skip 2 stitches, *1 dc in the next stitch, ch 2, skip 2 stitches*, repeat steps between ** until you have 1 stitch left. Skip last stitch, ch 2, join with a slip stitch to the top of your ch 3.
  16. Ch 56, fasten off. Tie a simple overhand knot on each end and trim. Repeat with your other color. Thread these on opposite sides through your last row. Tie ends together for drawstrings.
  17. All set!:)

I really love this. I think it might take me a month, I'm so unskilled, but I will bookmark it!