Making a Crocheted Winter Hat
This is a page about making a crocheted winter hat
. Using single and double crochet stitches, you can quickly make a hat to help keep a young person warm.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a basic winter hat for a tween, using easy double and single crochet stitches. You can whip one up in about an hour, and this should fit ages 9-12.
Total Time: About 1 hour
- "I" crochet hook
- about 125 yards #4 worsted weight yarn
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 5, join.
- Ch 3, 13 dc in ring, join.
- Ch 3, 1dc in same space as ch, 2 dc in each stitch around, join.
- Ch 3, 1 dc in same space as ch, 1 dc in next stitch, *2 dc in next stitch, 1 dc in next stitch*, repeat steps between ** around, join.
- Ch 3, 1 dc in same space as ch, 1 dc in each of next 2 stitches, *2 dc in next stitch, 1 dc in each of next 3 stitches, 2 dc in next stitch, 1 dc in each of next 2 stitches*, repeat steps between ** join.
- Ch 3, 1 dc in next stitch and each around, join.
- Repeat last step 8 times more, yet making the 7th row of another color. **My model likes his hats a little shorter than most.:) If you want your hat to come down farther, this is where you will work 1 or 2 more rows.
- Ch 1, work 1 sc in same stitch as ch and each around. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- All set!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.