Making a Dog Collar

Category Miscellaneous
You can make fun, unique, and practical dog collars for your own pets, those of friends, or to sell. This is a guide about making a dog collar.

Use some scrap fabric and sew a tube twice as long as your dogs collar and wide enough to pull the collar thru. Gather as you go, then buckle around the dog's neck scrunched up like a scrunchie. Holiday festive!

My smallest dog sports a ponytail scrunchie from the dollar store in seasonal decor.

By Linda

My 5 month puppy has to wear a plastic cone, e-collar, due to a procedure done. Does anyone have suggestion how to make a more comfortable one?
Thank you.

By Teresa from Saint Paris, OH

Answers

Best Answer

Years ago I decided there had to be a cheaper, more humane version of the Elizabethan collar, so I made one from a plastic milk jug. I had to play with it a bit cutting here and there. I put little cuts along the collar line and laced my dog's collar thru it to keep it in place. Then I was able to trim the back part a bit lower so she could move around more comfortabley and see where she was going, but still not be able to get at her stitches. Good luck!

Best Answer

I used the plastic one from the vet as a pattern and made one out of a very heavy interfacing type of material from the fabric store. It is kind of rigid but flexible at the same time. I ironed on fabric on both sides before cutting it out; sewed around all the edges with the zig zag stitch; and then used strips of Velcro on the ends. I used this on both cats and dogs and they seemed to tolerate it much easier than the plastic ones.

Best Answer

I used a plastic container from deli section. Cut bottom off, covered cut edge with duct tape, punched holes through duct taped edge and threaded long shoe lace through. Put an adjustable dog collar through and that was all. Made it several years ago and still using it!

I am searching for a knitting pattern of a dog collar called "Jingle Bell" collar. I downloaded it from somewhere about 5 years ago, but I lost the the pattern.

If anyone knows where I can find this pattern again or has it I would appreciate so much if you can send it to me. I have searched the web for weeks with no luck.

Thanks.

By Paula from Vancouver BC

Answers

Anonymous

I had to go to the WayBack machine to find this pattern, that is why there is no picture. http://web.arch … .com/page19.html

I am making a fake mink collar for my friend's dog, but I can't up with anything catchy for the tag. Any ideas would be great! Thanks.

By Karen from Charleston, SC