Making a Donut Pin Cushion
Make a cute pin cushion in the shape of a donut, for yourself or to give a crafting friend. Felt and stuffing are needed and then you can decorate as you like.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This handmade donut pin cushion is so cute, I just want to bite it! It's great for your sewing box to keep your pins in order, but you could also just make them as plush toys. To make the paper donut stencil, I traced a CD, cut it out smaller, but cut the center out bigger. You can make them whatever size you like.
Total Time: 75 minutes
Yield: 1 pin cushion
- paper donut stencil
- felt (3 colours: donut bottom, donut top, and icing)
- thread (donut, icing and sprinkles colours)
- Pin the stencil onto your felt and cut out 3 rounds, one from each colour of felt.
- I did white for the bottom of the donut, beige for the top, and pink for icing.
- Cut waves out of the outside of the icing layer.
- Keep the icing layer in place with some pins. Stitch the icing onto the top part of the donut.
- Add your sprinkles by sewing little pieces of coloured thread on top of the icing.
- Now sew the top of the donut to the bottom of the donut at the inner ring.
- Sew the outside of the donut layers together, leaving at least an inch open so you can stuff it.
- Push stuffing into donut, using a pen or chopstick to get it nice and full.
- Sew the opening closed.
- Add your pins and enjoy!
This craft is pretty easy, and is a cute thing to keep pins in.