SewingCrafts

Donut Pin Cushion

This handmade donut pin cushion is so cute, I just want to bite it! It's great for your sewing box to keep your pins in order, but you could also just make them as plush toys. To make the paper donut stencil, I traced a CD, cut it out smaller, but cut the center out bigger. You can make them whatever size you like.

Total Time: 75 minutes

Yield: 1 pin cushion

1. Pin the stencil onto your felt and cut out 3 rounds, one from each colour of felt.
  2. I did white for the bottom of the donut, beige for the top, and pink for icing.
  3. Cut waves out of the outside of the icing layer.
  4. Keep the icing layer in place with some pins. Stitch the icing onto the top part of the donut.
  5. Add your sprinkles by sewing little pieces of coloured thread on top of the icing.
  6. Now sew the top of the donut to the bottom of the donut at the inner ring.
  7. Sew the outside of the donut layers together, leaving at least an inch open so you can stuff it.
  8. Push stuffing into donut, using a pen or chopstick to get it nice and full.
  9. Sew the opening closed.
  10. Add your pins and enjoy!

Attosa,

The donut is so real-like it's giving me a craving for donuts with sprinkles :)

You did an excellent job on that, it's SO cute!

As I studied it, I thought to myself, gosh, I don't have a serger sewing machine that sews the edging like that, but I see in your pictures you did that "by hand"? Wow, what a great job you did, seriously.

The sprinkles are so cute too, so real looking.

Thanks for sharing :)

If it looks like a complicated stitch (like those in particular) and they are evenly spaced, they are my mum's stitches!!! Mine are the easier/hidden/slightly messy ones :) We make a great team! This donut makes me hungry too! I'm making one for my nephew right now :)

hehe Yes, I was admiring those perfect stitches too, besides how darn CUTE that is. Your mum sure did an excellent job, and you did too Attosa!

You sure do make a great team! There's nothing better! :)