Making a Faberge-Inspired Easter Egg Card
This is a guide about making a faberge-inspired Easter egg card
. To convey special Easter wishes make this beautiful card that speaks of luxury and craftsmanship of times gone by.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have always been fascinated by the Faberge eggs. To me, these eggs speak of luxury and master craftsmanship, a historic rendition of times gone by. I wanted to make a Faberge-inspired Easter egg card for my mother, who also loves the Faberge eggs, to convey special Easter wishes. Because of the religious meaning behind the day, I chose red as the main color for the card, but the card can be produced in any other color.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 8.2 inches x 5.5 inches marbled cream-colored cardboard
- 6 inches x 6 inches piece of red cardboard
- 8 inches x 6 inches of silver glitter mesh
- 8.0 inches x 5.3 inches of ordinary red paper
- a left-over piece of red ribbon, 0.2 inches wide
- one small red fabric bow
- the following rhinestones: 4 small crystal flat-back round rhinestones and 17 red flat-back heart rhinestones
- short red tube-shaped glass beads
- a pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- egg-shaped object or cookie cutter
- one matching envelope
- Fold the 8.2 inches x 5.5 inches marbled cardboard crosswise in half to create a card 5.5 inches x 4.1 inches ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Use the egg-shaped object (I used an egg-shaped cookie tin) and trace an egg onto the red cardboard. Cut out the egg that you have traced on the cardboard.
- Glue the silver glitter mesh to the front of the red cardboard egg and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the cardboard-and-mesh egg onto the front of the card.
- Divide the egg in half with the piece of ribbon. Glue the ribbon and the fabric bow in place.
- Glue the 4 crystal round rhinestones in place on the ribbon.
- Glue the red heart rhinestones in place on the bottom half of the egg.
- Use the short red tube-shaped beads to glue three rows of beads that intersect at the top of the egg.
- Fold the 8.0 inches x 5.3 inches red paper crosswise in half and glue it to the inside of the card to write a message.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
March 12, 20120 found this helpful
That is one of the cutest things I have seen in too long. That is just adorable! I used to love to make shapes out of wallpaper samples and old cards. But this blows that out of the water! Thanks, PBP