Fall colors wearable in 3 ways!
Approximate Time: 70 minutes or less
- sharp scissors
- fabric (for flowers and a soft piece for the under part)
- hot glue gun with hot glue
- needle and thread (any color)
- optional: peacock feather and glamorous button
- Assemble fabric flowers:
Layered Yellow Flower
- Cut 3 circles of fabric, varying in size by a few millimeters. Cut out 3 to 5 layers per flower.
- With a needle and thread, sew the circles together, starting underneath the stack, thru the largest circle. Sew the layers together up-and-down thru the layer a few times, and end on the underside of the circles.
- Now pinch the circles in half, and sew thru to hold the "pita" look. Repeat this process, but fold the circles in a few different ways to make a ruffle effect. End with the needle at the bottom of the flower and tie the loose thread ends together, 3 times.
Center Flower (the almost-gardenia-looking one that's bright orange with the button hot glued on later):
- Cut 3 same-size, five-petal flowers out of fabric, and sew them together thru the middle a couple times, ending under the soon-to-be-flower.
- Now start pinching/bunching the layers to make ruffles and sew through the layers until it looks like a flower!
- You can hot glue a circle of green fabric around the bottom of the flowers to look like the green part on real flowers.
- Cut 2 matching ovals out of soft fabric to use as the base.
- Hot glue flowers to the soft fabric base, gluing a peacock feather underneath and/or in the flower arrangement.
- Hot glue the other oval base part to the ribbon. On the other side of the ribbon, sandwiching the ribbon, hot glue the flower bunch atop the ribbon. (I hot glued the sparkly button on now.)
Wear as a corsage, bracelet, choker necklace, or ribbon headband. Other uses include: a sash/belt if you use sturdy ribbon in a long length.
I made this one for my sister's bridal shower. She's getting married in October.
By Erin813 from Seffner, FL
October 12, 20110 found this helpful
Adorable. Super photos, too. Thanks.