Making a Felt Flower Wand
Read More Comments
Since I love plants and flowers, my son made this all on his own as a Mother's Day gift. I was really impressed that I was able to capture some of the steps in his project (as I didn't have a clue he was making it for me until I realized it was a gift).
Total Time: 35 minutes
- hot glue gun
- hot glue colored glue sticks
- color pencils
- We had flower shaped felt pieces somewhere so he glued them together and for the center hot glued on a bead. If you don't have pre-cut felt flowers you could always cut the pieces yourself.
- He covered a straw with hot glue (green sparkly glue) for the stem.
- He drew leaves and roots on white printer paper. Then, colored it in and cut them out.
- Finally he glued the leaves and roots in place. When the project was complete, he said it is my flower wand. (It could also be used as a teaching wand for at home schooling.)
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I made a similar wand with scrapbook paper and cardboard for dress up/play or to complete a Halloween outfit, but here's a felt version! I can't believe I didn't think to use felt to begin with!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.