Making a Felt Flower Wand

Category Crafts
This project is suitable for adults and older children. Flower shaped felt pieces make it easier for the kids to construct. This one was made as a gift for Mother's Day. The steps and photos follow.

Since I love plants and flowers, my son made this all on his own as a Mother's Day gift. I was really impressed that I was able to capture some of the steps in his project (as I didn't have a clue he was making it for me until I realized it was a gift).

Total Time: 35 minutes

• felt
  • bead
  • hot glue gun
  • hot glue colored glue sticks
  • straw
  • paper
  • scissors
  • color pencils

1. We had flower shaped felt pieces somewhere so he glued them together and for the center hot glued on a bead. If you don't have pre-cut felt flowers you could always cut the pieces yourself.
  2. Advertisement

3. He covered a straw with hot glue (green sparkly glue) for the stem.
  4. He drew leaves and roots on white printer paper. Then, colored it in and cut them out.
  5. Finally he glued the leaves and roots in place. When the project was complete, he said it is my flower wand. (It could also be used as a teaching wand for at home schooling.)

I made a similar wand with scrapbook paper and cardboard for dress up/play or to complete a Halloween outfit, but here's a felt version! I can't believe I didn't think to use felt to begin with!

Making Felt Wand Pointers - heart wand pointer against a drawing of  North and South America

Holidays and Parties Mothers Day CraftsJuly 29, 2020
📓
🌻
😷
😎
🐛
Generated 2020-08-03 02:25:04 in 992 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Felt-Flower-Wand.html