Making a No-Sew Gradient Felt Heart Purse
Felt is the perfect material to use for many no sew project. This pretty gradient felt heart purse is the perfect craft for a beginner. It can be made from scraps of felt that you might already have in your stash.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute little purse to make out of leftover scraps of felt. There is no sewing involved, so this is a great beginner's craft. The purse handle is also a heart, just for some extra love!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 purse
- 1 piece of black felt, 10" x 5"
- craft glue or hot glue
- scraps of felt in pinks and white
- Lay out your 10 x 5 black felt rectangle.
- Fold in half so it's a square.
- Glue the edges of the upper half, fold in half again to seal, let dry for 10 minutes.
- You will now have a pocket purse base.
- Take a square shaped scrap of red felt and fold it diagonally.
- Cut a teardrop shape out of the folded felt.
- This is your first red heart.
- Fold the felt scrap you just cut from and make another smaller heart.
- Then one more time until you have red hearts of three sizes.
- Cut out more hearts with this process with the other colours of felt.
- Arrange your hearts on the purse to get an idea of how you'd like them laid out.
- Glue the one that will be behind any other hearts first.
- Continue with the rest of the hearts, pressing down firmly to get the glue to set. Let dry 10 minutes.
- To make the heart-shaped handle, cut out 2 identical strips of black felt about 4 inches long.
- Dab a bit of glue on the very end of one of the strips, then lay the other on top. Let dry 10 minutes.
- When you unfold the two strips, you'll have two arches.
- Dab some glue on the outside end of one arch and press into the inside of the purse, right in the middle.
- Repeat on the other side, let dry 10 minutes.
- Fill with candies, love letters, or whatever you fancy.