Making a No-Sew Gradient Felt Heart Purse
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
February 15, 2018
This is a cute little purse to make out of leftover scraps of felt. There is no sewing involved, so this is a great beginner's craft. The purse handle is also a heart, just for some extra love!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 purse
- 1 piece of black felt, 10" x 5"
- craft glue or hot glue
- scraps of felt in pinks and white
- Lay out your 10 x 5 black felt rectangle.
- Fold in half so it's a square.
- Glue the edges of the upper half, fold in half again to seal, let dry for 10 minutes.
- You will now have a pocket purse base.
- Take a square shaped scrap of red felt and fold it diagonally.
- Cut a teardrop shape out of the folded felt.
- This is your first red heart.
- Fold the felt scrap you just cut from and make another smaller heart.
- Then one more time until you have red hearts of three sizes.
- Cut out more hearts with this process with the other colours of felt.
- Arrange your hearts on the purse to get an idea of how you'd like them laid out.
- Glue the one that will be behind any other hearts first.
- Continue with the rest of the hearts, pressing down firmly to get the glue to set. Let dry 10 minutes.
- To make the heart-shaped handle, cut out 2 identical strips of black felt about 4 inches long.
- Dab a bit of glue on the very end of one of the strips, then lay the other on top. Let dry 10 minutes.
- When you unfold the two strips, you'll have two arches.
- Dab some glue on the outside end of one arch and press into the inside of the purse, right in the middle.
- Repeat on the other side, let dry 10 minutes.
- Fill with candies, love letters, or whatever you fancy.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.