Making a Felt Teddy Bear
This little teddy makes a great gift or use it as a package decoration. It is also fun to make. This is a guide about making a felt teddy bear
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make your sweetheart a little teddy bear for Valentine's Day. Give the bear as is, or let the bear sit in a votive candle holder with a lollipop in his arms. The little bear sports a red heart, so your sweetheart won't miss the message of love. Prepare to get a huge bear hug in return!
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: one bear
- printout of provided pattern sheet
- brown felt
- A6 sized piece of fawn colored felt
- small piece of left-over red felt
- pair of 5mm wiggle eyes
- 1 in wide red-with-white-polka-dots fabric bow
- white cotton filling
- thread in the following colors: fawn-colored and black
- standard scissors
- quick-drying fabric textile glue (such as Bostik Sew Simple)
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Optional: 2.5" high clear glass votive candle holder and lollipop
- Trace the head, arms, legs, and body onto the brown felt and cut the parts out.
- Use a blanket stitch to sew the parts together. Start with the legs ~ sew them together on the sides, but leave the top of each leg open. Fill the legs with cotton filling, but do not overstuff the legs. Use the fabric glue to glue the legs to the bottom of the back of the body.
- Repeat step 2 with the arms.
- Add the front body part on top of the back, and sew the body together, making sure that the arms and legs are firmly stitched in place. Do not close the neck opening. Fill the body with cotton filling, again making sure that it is not overstuffed. Glue the neck opening of the body to the bottom of the back of the head.
- Add the front of the head and stitch it together. Note: The head of the bear MUST be overstuffed.
- Cut the tummy from the fawn colored felt and glue it in place. Use a blanket stitch around the edges to add a neat finishing touch.
- Cut a red heart and glue it to his tummy. Then, use the craft glue (Bostik Clear) to glue the eyes in place. Cut a small circle from fawn colored felt, add a bit of filling to it and stitch it in place below the eyes.
- Cut two small half circles and use the fabric glue to add pads to his arms.
- Add two small half circles to his ears, and glue the red bow in place. Use the black thread and needle to make him a nose.
- Give the teddy as is, or add him to the votive candle holder, holding a lollipop in his arms.
February 1, 20160 found this helpful
February 2, 20160 found this helpful