Making a Flip Flop Wreath

Category Decorations
Flip flops say summer in so many ways. Use these popular sandals to create a colorful wreath for your summertime decorating. This is a guide about making a flip flop wreath.

With some time and planning, you can make a fun flip-flop wreath. You just need some room, glue, and imagination!

Total Time: 3 hours

Yield: 1

Source: Saw hundreds on Pinterest, but did with what I had at home.

• 6 pairs of flip flops - I got mine at the Dollar Tree. ($6.00)
  • 1 foam board ($1.00)
  • round shape for a template
  • 4-6 faux flowers
  • hot glue gun
  • size I hook
  • scissors
  • razor cutter
  • darning needle
  • large faux pearls
  • buttons
  • scrap yarn
  • crochet thread

1. Plan your placement of the flip flops. This is important and once you put that hot glue on, it's on.
  2. Make your base ring. I used a bucket lid and traced around it, cutting it with a razor cutter. Foam board and scissors are not compatible.
  3. With your hook, leave a 4-6" tail on the beginning and the end. Then chain 8 and slip stitch in first chain from hook. Repeat 5 times for a 6 petal flower. You can also use a faux flower from the Dollar Tree, but I didn't have any.
  4. With the threaded needle, go in through the bottom of the flips, through the pearl, through the button, back down through the pearl and back down through the flower again. Draw the tails tight and tie in a knot, trimming the tails. Tie through the sides and middle of the flips center split. Do this with each flip using the matching buttons. If you can't find them in matching colors, I would use white.
  5. When you are done gluing the flips onto the second row, glue some flowers in the center. I used what I had in my house. I glued a scrap of yarn to the back and hung it about 3 minutes later.
  6. Ad

That is so adorable ! :)

Thanks Kim. I had a lot of fun making it!!

Thought you all might like to see what else you can do with these super cheap gems!

https://www.goo  1024&bih=666

Looks like a fun wreath for the summer time!