Making a Garden Orb from a Bowling Ball
Vote for this contest contender!
I find old bowling balls very often at yard sales, thrift stores, and even the curb, for little or nothing! I will show you how you can use this piece with spray paint and craft paints, to recreate a stone look for your garden.
Total Time: 2 hours
- bowling ball(s)
- spray paint
- acrylic craft paints (3 colors) white, gray, and brown
- sealer spray
- sea sponge
- scrap paper
- Take your bowling ball and wipe dust and dirt off.
- Spray paint. Flip over and get the bottom and any other areas. Dry.
- Now for the stone technique. Use your sea sponge (works the best) and lightly tap into your white paint using scrap paper to dab, to make sure that your applying is done lightly. With your gray color do the same process. Stand back and take a look. Sometimes 2 colors work.
- Do this going up and down randomly. Dry.
- For a little more detail on 1 of my balls, I then added a very little of the brown. This gives more of a rustic look. Dry.
- Finish with a sealer.
- They are ready to place in your garden.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!