Making a Cardboard Holder for Scissors
Paper crafters in particular may have a large number and variety of scissors that they use in their craft. Finding a good way to store them and sewing scissors can be easy. This is a page about making a cardboard holder for scissors.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I wanted a way to organize and store the specialty scissors used for trimming paper for scrap booking and other projects. I came up with the idea presented here.
Approximate Time: 1 to 2 hours
- recyclable corrugated cardboard
- cutting tools (craft knife, box cutter)
- band saw
- decorative elements
- First, cut corrugated cardboard into 4x4 inch squares.
- Use band saw if available, if not, use craft/box knife.
- Cut as many pieces as you need. My project required 3 pieces for each scissor, plus 2 end pieces.
- Glue pieces together with white glue. I added 4x4in. pieces of cardstock between every third piece as separators.
- Place end pieces on cube, then add weight to the cube and let dry for a few hours.
- Decorate the cube if desired, use colored paper, cloth, collage pictures from magazines, etc.
By Creativeman from Chatsworth CA
This is a page about making a scissors pouch or holder. Making a holder for your scissors is an easy, fun, and practical project even for the beginning crafter.