Making a Magazine Purse

Category Purses
Use colorful magazine pages to weave yourself a clever, unique purse. This is a guide about making a magazine purse.

Can someone tell me what I can use for the bottom of the magazine purse so that it won't be so limp. Thank you.

Brenda

Answers

Try either a piece of heavy cardboard(not corrugated) or a piece of plastic canvas cut to fit. Cut off any little bits past the crosslines so it will be smooth.

By cherrie (Guest Post)

I use the plastic slip in bases from the green shopping bags designed for grocery shopping here in australia.

Can someone tell me what type of material to use for the magazine purse, if you want to make them out of magazines. Iron-on vinyl did not very well. What size do you have to have for it to come out even. Do anyone have a picture to send me?

Brenda

Answers

Did you check out www.henriettashandbags.com ? You should be able to use regular vinyl and just sew around the magazine edges.