Making a Monster Greeting Card

Category Cards
This cute monster greeting card is perfect to give to a child or to speak to the child in us all. Use up those plastic bread bag closures and some googly eyes to create a variety of fun monsters.

I've been trying to think of a way to use up a few of those bread tabs I keep saving. Well I decided to make a card for my little boy. It brought a big smile to his face and he loved it, so I was happy! :) This is very easy and inexpensive to make!

Total Time: Half hour

Yield: 1 card

• 1 8 1/2" by 11" piece of cardstock paper
  • scraps of accent color paper
  • 5 bread tabs
  • ruler
  • pen
  • Sharpie marker
  • scissors
  • glue gun
  • google eyes
  • letter stencil

1. Fold your large piece of card stock in half.
  2. Advertisement

3. Using your ruler, make a line on the corner so that you can cut a triangle.
  4. Make 2. Mine are 5 1/2" long at widest point, 2 1/2" tall.
  5. Glue your first triangle at the top of your card. I actually used a glue gun for this. This may be a no-no for the real scrap-bookers, but it worked fine for this. Glue the second triangle directly below.
  6. Hot glue a big google eye on your first bread tab.
  7. Advertisement

8. Glue it to your card.
  9. Here's the second.
  10. Third.
  11. So far.
  12. And the rest, hard to believe a bread tab can actually look cute, huh? :)
  13. Advertisement

14. Now I used a cheap stencil ruler from the dollar store to make the words. They look cute if you angle them different directions.
  15. I also decided to draw over every other letter with a silver Sharpie. It matched the triangles nicely.
  16. Now all you have to do is pick a special little boy to give it to. Have fun! :)

CUTE! They look like the little martians from Sesame Street!

Crafts Paper CardsJanuary 22, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-23 23:06:35 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️