Making a Monster Greeting Card
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
September 30, 2015
I've been trying to think of a way to use up a few of those bread tabs I keep saving. Well I decided to make a card for my little boy. It brought a big smile to his face and he loved it, so I was happy! :) This is very easy and inexpensive to make!
Total Time: Half hour
Yield: 1 card
- 1 8 1/2" by 11" piece of cardstock paper
- scraps of accent color paper
- 5 bread tabs
- Sharpie marker
- glue gun
- google eyes
- letter stencil
- Fold your large piece of card stock in half.
- Using your ruler, make a line on the corner so that you can cut a triangle.
- Make 2. Mine are 5 1/2" long at widest point, 2 1/2" tall.
- Glue your first triangle at the top of your card. I actually used a glue gun for this. This may be a no-no for the real scrap-bookers, but it worked fine for this. Glue the second triangle directly below.
- Hot glue a big google eye on your first bread tab.
- Glue it to your card.
- Here's the second.
- So far.
- And the rest, hard to believe a bread tab can actually look cute, huh? :)
- Now I used a cheap stencil ruler from the dollar store to make the words. They look cute if you angle them different directions.
- I also decided to draw over every other letter with a silver Sharpie. It matched the triangles nicely.
- Now all you have to do is pick a special little boy to give it to. Have fun! :)
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 6, 20150 found this helpful
CUTE! They look like the little martians from Sesame Street!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.