Making a Paper Drinking Straw Snake
A light, gentle toy snake that kids can make to play with by the garden. This is a guide about making a paper drinking straw snake
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I enjoy gardening and the kids like to watch/help out. Sometimes their toy of choice can damage the plants, so when they're playing over the plants I suggest lighter and more gentle toys.
We decided to make a light, gentle toy, this straw snake, so they could bring outside!
Total Time: 20 minutes or depending on your child(ren)
- paper straws
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- pipe cleaners
- hot glue
- Prep supplies for your child to assemble. Cut out head (oval shape), tongue, and cut straw into pieces.
- Have your child thread paper straw pieces into the pipe cleaner.
- Then, twist both ends of the pipe cleaner so the straws do not fall off.
- Glue snake head, tongue, and eyes on.
- Bend into a zig zag motion to achieve a snake slithering. Ready for your child to play with!