Making a Personalized Serving Tray
Make a simple tray something that you and your family will treasure. This is a guide about making a personalized serving tray
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy tray to personalize. Once you are finished, place a jar of jam and/or a favorite bread on it as a welcome gift.
Total Time: 8 hours depending on how long the urethane needs to dry
- 1 wooden tray
- stain - Minwax penetrating stain
- 2 latex gloves to protect your hands
- saying - I used one from the Dollar store
- wood glue - Titebond III
- 4 wood beads, marbles or whatever you choose for the bottom
- Minwax spar urethane spray finish
- I sanded the wood tray; just to be sure there were no rough edges.
- Stain the tray making sure to use the gloves! Let the stain dry completely before moving on to the next step. This might take overnight, depending on what time of day you get started.
- Choose the placement of your message. Apply the saying.
- I used a urethane spray finish over the entire tray, (top, sides, and bottom). Again, this will need to dry before going to the next step.
- I used Titebond III wood glue to affix the wood beads to the bottom of the tray.
- You are now ready to enjoy or give as a gift.
October 21, 20160 found this helpful
THE TRAY, IS, VERY, NICE!!! GREAT, JOB!!! LOVE THE SCRIPTURE, BECAUSE, AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE "THE LORD!!!" WE DO, TOO!!! BLESSINGS, VICKIE
October 24, 20160 found this helpful
Thank you. This is my daughter's favorite bible verse. I plan to give these as Thanksgiving gifts. Your encouragement means ALOT!