How to Turn a Picture Frame Into a Tray
Take any wooden frame with glass and turn it into a lovely tray. It's customizable for any personality or decor. This is a page about turning a picture frame into a display or serving tray
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have many picture frames I have collected through the years. Since I am using less on the walls, I came up with a decorative and useful project idea, so that they can be used as a display or serving tray with an interchangeable insert.
Total Time: 2 hours
- picture frame
- decorative paper
- spray paint
- glue gun
- beads (optional)
- drill, optional if you add the knobs
- First take your frame and remove backing and glass; set aside.
- Spray paint your frame. Allow to dry.
- With a drill make holes for knobs (optional). These were also spray painted to match.
- The backing from your frame is used as a template to cut to size your insert. You can cut out as many as you like to have interchangeable looks.
- Replace and secure the backing. You can add decorative beads around the edge of your frame, if desired.
- If you are using your tray as a food server, you will need to run a bead of clear sealer around the top where the glass meets the frame.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.