Making a Pizza My Heart Card
This greeting card is perfect not only for Valentine's Day, but anniversaries and other occasions. The project's instructions, supplies list, and step by step photos follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute play-on-words card featuring a slice of pizza with heart-shaped pepperoni. I added some glitter to the pepperoni to look greasy! This is a fun all-ages craft.
Editor's Note: We received so many excellent Valentine's Day crafts that not all of them were published in advance of the holiday. However, many of them are a good choice for other occasions, such as an anniversary. Here is one of those.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 card
- craft paper (white, yellow, brown, red, and pink)
- glitter (optional)
- To make the base of the card, fold the white paper and trim to your desired size.
- We will start with the layer of cheese. Lay the edge of the yellow paper over the white card to get an idea of how big to make it. Draw an elongated triangle with a wavy edge where the crust will go.
- Cut the cheese piece out and lay it on top of the brown paper. Draw a rounded crust shape above the wavy yellow cut.
- You don't need to cut the entire pizza crust out. Save paper and cut it so there's enough to go right under the wavy yellow edge.
- Fold a piece of red paper in half and draw a bunch of mini heart halves at the spine. Cut them out and unfold the hearts.
- Glue the crust down onto the card, followed by the cheese, then the pepperoni hearts.
- If you'd like to add a glisten to the pepperoni, add a small amount of glue to the hearts, then sprinkle with glitter. Dust off the excess glitter.
- Write your message onto pink paper. Write the word "Pizza" in a different font to emphasize the play on words.
- Cut out the words and glue on next to the pizza. Let dry.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.