Making a Plastic Easter Egg Wreath

Category Decorations
Plastic Easter eggs can be used to make a pretty seasonal wreath. Make it as simple or elaborate as you like. We have some excellent examples to choose from.

Using a recycled grapevine wreath from Christmas, I bought 6 packages of different types of eggs from the dollar store. I used my hot glue gun to place the eggs. It only took about 1 hour to do, and the cost was about $8.

By Ragteller from Tofield, AB

Top Comment

Thanks for posting this. I thought this was such a cute idea, I wanted to make one for my family as well. We have tons of plastic eggs and ribbon, so all I needed was the wreath, which I got at our local craft store on sale for 50% off (around $2 after sale).

Sharing how mine turned out... thanks again for the great idea!

Don't have an Easter wreath? You can make this simple one with plastic Easter eggs. You can find inexpensive Easter eggs at your local Dollar Tree, 99 cents store (or use any eggs you might already have.)

Total Time: 25 minutes

• plastic eggs
  • wire cutters
  • 16g craft wire
  • scissors
  • ribbon

1. Wrapped craft wire around a large circular object like a 5 gallon water jug and cut it off a little longer.
  2. Advertisement

3. The plastic eggs have holes, thread the wire through the eggs.
  4. For your last egg, you will want to twist wire so that it is secure and will not fall out of the hole.
  5. For the finishing touches, create a bow with ribbon. Then, I attached a binder clip to the back of the bow as grip to tie the bow down to the wire. (Feel free to decorate the wreath more or less depending on your preferences.) It is ready to hang/display!
  6. Advertisement

Getting ahead of the pack... here is an Easter Wreath of plastic eggs. All I did was to hot glue the plastic eggs to a wreath form that I had covered with spanish moss.

After the eggs were set, I poked in Easter "grass" to fill in the holes. I hung a plastic flocked bunny (bank) from the 99 cent store to the middle. Oh, and I got the eggs from Wal-Mart (after Easter the year before) and the 99 cent store.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, Ca.

Answers:

Plastic Easter Egg Wreath

What a cute idea, it is precious and inexpensive! (02/01/2006)

By Missy

I love how full it looks. Using different sized eggs looks great! (02/01/2006)

By Katie

Plastic Easter Egg Wreath

Adorable! I saw one at a shop last year and wanted to make one but didn't know where to begin. Thanks for the info (02/01/2006)

By amanda

Plastic Easter Egg Wreath

Cute and thank you for sharing your "how to"
with us. Very cute and sweet. (02/01/2006)

By Annie Rios Hill

Plastic Easter Egg Wreath

Wonderfully colorful idea, GreatGrannyVi. It would look especially welcome in the colorless northeast where I now call home, although I'm currently enjoying the beautiful 'winter' weather of Ventura county. (02/04/2006)

By Robertamarie Kiley

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

In These Pages
Crafts Easter DecorationsMarch 13, 2020
🌻
🐛
👒
🐰
😷

Generated 2020-04-05 10:08:02 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️