Making a Powered Scrub Brush
A powered scrub brush can make a lot of cleaning jobs easier, but they can be expensive. This is a page about making a powered scrub brush.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I hate cleaning my shower, it takes alot of elbow grease.
I saw these awesome scrub brushes that attach to a cordless drill, I think it's a great idea, but I didn't want to pay $16 for one brush. So I've made my own.
This is what you'll need:
- cordless drill
- safety glasses
- new toilet brush - rounded cone shape with a straight small diameter handle
- hacksaw/sawzall or another cutting device to cut the handle on the toilet brush
- Get your toilet brush, cut the handle off about 1 -2 inches from the brush head.
- Grab your drill, open the chuck, insert the handle of the toilet brush, then tighten.
- Get your favorite cleaner, note if you're using a wet cleaner it's a good idea to wear some safety glasses, as the spinning brush will spit cleaner at you.
- Apply your cleaner, and start in with your new power scrubby brush!
- Keep the brush moving so you don't burn into your shower surround, use common sense, use just enough pressure on the drill to remove the dirt and grime.
- Keep your drill dry, don't put it under water, or spray cleaner on it.
- Remove the brush from the drill to rinse it off.
Wah lah you have a clean shower! And it was almost fun.
Source: drill brush on Amazon
By akyramoto from CA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.