Making a "Rainbow in a Jar" Candy Gift
This is a great gift, especially around St. Patrick's Day. This is a page about making a "Rainbow in a Jar" Candy Gift.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Anyone would love to get one of these from a sneaky little leprechaun. They would be a great gift for your kids, a coworker, or a friend.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Skittles movie boxes (two Original and two Riddles)
- Rolos (indiv. wrapped)
- Mini Reese's Peanut butter cups (indiv. wrapped)
- cotton balls
- hot glue gun
- Fill 1/3 of the Mason jar with peanut butter cups and Rolos, for the gold at the end of the rainbow. Gently shake them to settle them tightly in the bottom.
- Sort out the Skittles by color.
- Starting with purple, add the Skittles around the outer edge of the jar. I filled in the center with additional peanut butter cups, since there weren't enough Skittles to make a solid layer.
- Continue filling up the jar, creating a layered rainbow.
- Add the lid and hot glue cotton balls onto flat cap and around the edge of the ring, to create a cloud. NOTE: I saw a similar idea where there was room left in the jar and they used mini marshmallows to make the cloud, if you like that option better.
Anyone would love to get one of these from a sneaky little leprechaun. They would be a great gift for your kids, a coworker, or a friend. View the full project here: Rainbow in a Jar