Making a Recycled Cardboard Turkey Hat
Recycle cardboard from a cereal box or similar container. Decorate the paper headband with construction paper and craft feathers for a fun turkey hat for the kids, and maybe the adults too, to wear on Thanksgiving day.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Before tossing out your cereal box - you can make a turkey hat or any crown/hat of your liking. My daughter loved wearing the turkey hat especially the feather detailing!
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 hat
- cereal box
- glue stick
- construction paper
- Cut 2 long strips from your cereal box.
- After measuring your child's head, cut a slit to secure the crown into place to fit your child's head.
- Using the cereal box, cut a circle.
- Glue the circle to the center of the hat.
- Tape your choice of feathers together and then onto the back of the circle on the hat.
- Decorate the turkey's face with a pen (eyes) and with construction paper cutouts of an orange triangle for the beak and use red for the snood.
- Cut assorted shapes and have your child glue the shapes around hat.