Making a Remote Control Holder

Category Decorations
Keeping track of any remote can be helped with a convenient place to store it. This guide is about making a remote control holder.

I have a chair that eats things like remotes, scissors, and Kindles. Yep, you read that right. When I sit and charge the Kindle it has to be on the floor. I once thought the cable kid had stolen it as it had slid down into the side of the cushion.

So... I bought 3 used place mats for .99 and with my hot glue gun, went to town. Not having my sewing machine with me right now, I glued everything into place. You could do a nicer job sewing it, but this turned out quite handy too.

With the fronts down, glue two mats together. I just zig-zagged back and forth then laid a butter knife on the glue till it cooled. You might want a strip of fabric to lay down on the seam,but this worked just as well.

Then, with the right sides up, lay the third face up too, above the edge of the second one. Glue or sew it all the way across. Then, sit your Kindle or tablet in place and measure how far up the "fold" of the placemat has to be. You may have to fold over the edge either inside or outside for a matching look to get it right. Then glue the edge up and secure till it's cool. Don't be impatient. Kindles weigh more than you think. One minute too soon and it maybe too late to save.

NOTE: Don't do what I did. I didn't measure it and it was too large for the Kindle to show and grab. I had to fold over the bottom 3" and glue. Not the affect I wanted, but if you "do as I said and not as I did"...yours will turn out nicer. PS: Works great for the remote, too!

I have seen these done with the idea of a paperback or TV remote for slipping between the mattress and box springs so I ran with that idea.

Hope that helps!

N-JOY!!
PBP

I m always looking for my remote in the bedroom, so I decided to make a remote holder with plastic canvas. I used left over yarn and beads, and some wire for the handle, and made a tassel for more decoration.

By belen from Jacksonville, FL

I was always losing my remote in the bedroom. Plus I have two small grandchildren that like to play with the remote control. I got a small laundry net bag, like you use to wash small items.

If you are always losing your remote, having a pouch to place it in may be helpful. This remote control pouch can easily be customized to fit any decorating scheme. This is a guide about DIY remote control tote.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This sewing project is a good choice for making a gift or as a nice accessory for your own couch or easy chair. This is a guide about how to make a telephone and remote caddy.

This is a guide about making a chair caddy. A homemade chair caddy is a perfect way to keep kids school supplies, TV remotes, and even craft tools organized.