Making a Simple Heart Garland
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
January 30, 2020
Here is a budget friendly and simple heart garland you can make. This is not just geared for Valentine's Day, but can be used for any occasion like an engagement party, wedding, birthday, or even a gender reveal party. Just switch out the tissue paper colors and ribbon to appropriate theme!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- kraft paper cardstock
- tissue paper
- heart puncher
- paper cutter
- I have kraft cardstock paper measuring 4.5" x 6.5", but I trimmed 1" off so it's now 3.5" x 6.5".
- Using a heart puncher, I punched a heart at one end. (If you do not have a heart puncher, you can freehand cut out hearts). Repeat process until you have enough pieces to make your garland.
- Cut out tissue paper squares bigger than the punched out heart.
- You can keep your tissue paper smooth, or for a more texture look- I crumbled all the tissue paper into a ball and unraveled each sheet.
- Glue tissue paper squares to the back of the heart for each piece.
- Fold the cardstock in half.
- Using ribbon of your choice (I went with a heart theme), glue the card to the string and then glue the card shut. Space out evenly, mine is 1" and continue until you are finished. Then it is ready to hang! Perfect for your fireplace mantel, party tables, house entrance, etc.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.