Making an Easy Owl Valentine
This cute owl shaped card with its heart shaped wings is a fun project for your children to make and give on Valentine's Day. This is a guide about making an easy owl Valentine
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Kids will enjoy creating these quick and easy valentines for their friends. Best of all, they're inexpensive to make!
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- 2 colors of coordinating scrapbook paper
- craft glue
- black marker
- piece of plain white paper
- new pencil or lollipop
- To create the owl, draw a simple owl shape onto plain white paper. Also, draw 2 round circles for the eyes, a triangle for the beak, and 2 hearts for the wings. (Refer to photo for a sample template.)
- Cut out all pattern pieces.
- Next, trace around the body onto one of the scrapbooking papers. Trace around the eyes, nose, and wings onto the other scrapbooking paper.
- Use a black marker to color in half of each circle for the eyes.
- Glue on eyes, nose and wings.
- Turn the owl over, and use the black marker to write a valentine message on the back such as: "You're a hoot!" or "To a real WISE guy."
- Turn the owl back over, with front facing up. Cut vertical slits about an inch apart near the bottom of the owl's body and slip a pencil or lollipop through the slits. Now your valentine is ready to present to your friend!
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
February 2, 20110 found this helpful
Fantastic Valentine craft. Thank you for all the good instructions and patterns.
February 3, 20110 found this helpful
Adorable. Thanks for sharing.
February 10, 20140 found this helpful
In This Guide