Making an Easy Owl Valentine
January 25, 2011
Kids will enjoy creating these quick and easy valentines for their friends. Best of all, they're inexpensive to make!
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- 2 colors of coordinating scrapbook paper
- craft glue
- black marker
- piece of plain white paper
- new pencil or lollipop
- To create the owl, draw a simple owl shape onto plain white paper. Also, draw 2 round circles for the eyes, a triangle for the beak, and 2 hearts for the wings. (Refer to photo for a sample template.)
- Cut out all pattern pieces.
- Next, trace around the body onto one of the scrapbooking papers. Trace around the eyes, nose, and wings onto the other scrapbooking paper.
- Use a black marker to color in half of each circle for the eyes.
- Glue on eyes, nose and wings.
- Turn the owl over, and use the black marker to write a valentine message on the back such as: "You're a hoot!" or "To a real WISE guy."
- Turn the owl back over, with front facing up. Cut vertical slits about an inch apart near the bottom of the owl's body and slip a pencil or lollipop through the slits. Now your valentine is ready to present to your friend!
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.