Making a Succulent Wreath
A vine style wreath form can be "planted" with succulent cuttings to create a pretty living wreath for your front door or garden. Read on for the instructions, supplies, and some helpful photos so that you can successfully complete this project.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a beautiful outdoor succulent wreath that can be hung on your front door or in your backyard. Just a few supplies and you can have yourself a lovely succulent wreath!
Total Time: 1 hour or so (varies)
- spagnum moss
- succulent cuttings
- garden wire
- something pointy (like a u-hook, chopsticks, or knife)
- Get a handful or so of sphagnum moss and hydrate in water.
- Apply the moss all around the wreath in the areas you want your succulents to be.
- Using your green garden wires wrap them around to keep the moss in place.
- The fun part is puzzling all the succulent cuttings into the wreath. You may need to use something pointy like a chopstick, knife, or I used a random u hook to poke into the moss on the wreath to stuff the succulents into place. Optional: If you cannot get your succulents to stay you can use some bobby pins.
- Repeat and add succulent cuttings into your wreath until you are satisfied with the look.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.