Making a Summer Love Birthday Card
Brightly colored flowers or other images of summer convey a seasonal birthday message. This is a guide about making a Summer Love birthday card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make a card with pink smiling flowers on the front of the card. Add some colorful grass and a cheerful message, and you are ready to send summer wishes to a friend on her birthday.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 5.2 x 3.6 in A4-sheet of gray marbled paper
- small piece of pink scrapbook paper
- small piece of light pink sugar paper
- leaf-green cardstock
- pink and blue square grid Washi tape
- 6 small silver brads
- self-adhesive pink alphabet gem stickers
- colored felt-tip pens
- large petal palm punch from XCut, code XCU 261811
- leaf-shaped paper punch
- sewing needle
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- With the longest sides of the gray paper on the top and bottom, fold the A4 sheet of paper first from top to bottom and then from left to right.
- With the first fold at the top and the second fold at the left, centre and glue the piece cut from the printer paper to the front of the card.
- Punch 3 petal flowers from the scrapbook paper and 3 from the light pink sugar paper.
- Use the needle to make two small holes close to one another in a sugar paper flower. Push the brad prongs gently through each hole. Now make two small holes close to one another in the scrapbook paper flower and add it to the back of the sugar paper flower. Turn the flowers over and spread the brad prongs apart on the back side. The brads will keep the flowers in place and will imitate the flowers eyes. Do the same with the other two flowers.
- Use a black colored felt-tip pen to add a mouth and nose for the flowers.
- Glue the flowers to the front of the card.
- Use a green colored felt-tip pen to add stems to the flowers.
- Punch leaves from the leaf green cardstock and glue them in place.
- Use the colored felt-tip pens to add some grass and small flowers to the bottom of the card.
- Use the pink alphabet gem stickers to spell the word SUMMER LOVE on the top of the card.
- Add Washi tape to the left and right side of the card, and cut off any protruding edges.
In These Guides