Making a Wood and Yarn Centipede
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
December 24, 2019
Use a wooden Popsicle/ice lolly stick and scraps of yarn to make this cute centipede. It's a fun rainy day project for children.
And you don't have to use yarn - string, narrow ribbon, embroidery thread, or a mix will do fine and if you don't have wiggle eyes, use beads or just draw them on.
- wooden stick
- scraps of yarn or similar
- wiggle eyes
- Cut your yarn into equal lengths of about 5 inches (12cm).
- Take one piece, fold it in half and place the stick on top of it.
- Fold the ends over the sick and pass them through the loop on the other side.
- Pull it tight.
- Repeat the other way round.
- Keep adding yarn until your centipede has plenty of legs.
- Add a drop of glue at the head end.
- Add two wiggle eyes.
- Be patient. Leave your centipede to one side to let the glue dry. If you find the legs keep coming undone, add some little drops of glue to the knots.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.