Making a Yarn Covered Paper Heart Garland

Category Decorations
Cardboard hearts can be wrapped with your choice of yarn colors and then strung together to make a pretty decorative garland. This is a guide about making a yarn covered paper heart garland.

With left over cardboard, you can create any shape garland decoration (in my case hearts) with yarn and some tape/glue. It is perfect to decorate a bedroom, office, fireplace mantle, or use as party decor.

Total Time: 5-10 minutes per heart

• cardboard
  • pen
  • yarn
  • tape
  • string

1. Using cardboard scraps from shipping boxes, or any sturdy cardboard - cut shapes you want to decorate yarn with. I freehanded a heart shape. Then traced more hearts to cut out.
  2. Tape the end of a piece of yarn in the center of the cardboard heart.
  3. Begin to build a foundation for your heart by wrapping the yarn in all sorts of directions first.
  4. Then go back and continue to fill up the space that is not yet covered with yarn.
  5. Using a different yarn (I used white) and from behind the heart thread string between the yarn to hang. Perfect for your room, office space, mantle, party decor.

Cute! <3 <3 <3

This is a cool idea and I love the yarn. I have used it a lot in my submissions, too.

If you like this kind of craft, check out this link.

www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1BLWB_enUS700US700&...

Wow lots of options! I love the ornaments ones (stars). I have wrapped letters of my initials in the past as a submission. I loved the way it looked.

Thank you!!! :)