Making a Yo Yo Book Weight
If you are addicted to making these fun scrap fabric circles here, is another yo yo project. This is a guide about making a yo yo book weight
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Many times I have found that the book I am using won't stay open on its own. These colorful yo yo book weights can hold your book open while you read or prepare a recipe.
- 120 mm yo yo template (4 3/4" circle)
- 2 heavy washers (2" x 1/4")
- Create and cut out a template from thin cardboard. Trace around template onto wrong side of fabric.
- Cut out fabric circle. Stitch a running stitch, turning under 1/4" along the edge, as you go around the circle. Click here for instructions to make a fabric yo yo, if necessary.)
- Before you cinch up the yo yo, place the 2 washers into the center. Then gently pull the two ends of the thread to close the yo yo around the washers. Tie off the threads and snip of the ends.
- Tip: If you can't find the exact size washers that I used you may need to calculate the size of yo yo required. To do this stack your washers and measure from the center of the washer hole at the top, around and back to the center. Add 1/2" (for seam allowance) and that is how big your yo yo template needs to be.