Making a Zigzag 3D Photo
It was fun making projects during our grade school years. Our school projects included simple handmade artistic tricks. One of which is the one we once called a zigzag picture. Only later did I learned that it's actually called a 3D photo effect or a 3D picture frame.
- 2 photos of the same size
- 1 piece of paper
- Measure the size of the photo using a ruler. Make equal divisions and mark dots on both sides with a pencil.
- Draw lines to connect the dots of both sides. Set aside.
- Take a piece of paper and cut it twice the length of the photo.
- Now, cut along the lines drawn on the two pictures. Separate the two photos so they won't get mixed up.
- Align the strips of the two pictures alternately. See photo. Glue in place.
- Make a zigzag or accordion folds. Start flipping along the edges of each strip. See photo.
- You can stick it into a picture frame and display in a slanting or side view position to emphasise effect.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!