Making an Easter Box

Category Baskets
In lieu of a traditional Easter basket, what about making a recycled Easter box. The craft project on this page will show you how.

Easter is right around the corner, tomorrow! If you don't have any baskets you can improvise and make this Easter box (or it could be held like a basket if you cut the handle (where the top is a circle larger). Then, fill with some goodies inside.

Total Time: 35 minutes + drying time

• box
  • tape
  • acrylic paint + paint brush
  • fake grass - optional
  • cotton balls
  • X-acto knife
  • hot glue
  • pen
  • Ziploc bag
  • goodies for inside the box

1. You'll need a cardboard box (the thinner the better so it'll be easier to cut) - the kind of box I used is called a pillow box saved from when I bought Ricola.
  2. Advertisement

3. Freehand draw or trace a bunny shape (lots of printable online as reference) and then cut out with X-acto knife.
  4. Paint the box with your choice of color.
  5. The fun part my son enjoys is dabbing/mixing colors. Allow to dry.
  6. At this point, this box could be a Easter egg toss (if you wanted.)
  7. Advertisement

8. Hot glue on a cotton ball to resemble the tail.
  9. If you have clear plastic sheet you can use that, but I don't so I used a Ziploc bag. I cut it slightly larger than the rabbit and taped it from the inside so the goodies won't fall out. If your goodies are larger, than the rabbit you don't have to do this.
  10. Ready to fill with goodies, treats, and small knick knacks.

Crafts Easter BasketsMay 16, 2020
🐛
🎆
😎
🌻
👔
😷

Generated 2020-05-17 23:13:00 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️