AdviceDieting

'Master Cleanse' Lemonade

Vote for this contest contender!

This is the at one time trendy, at one time controversial, Master Cleanse lemonade. Some celebrity or other claimed it helped her lose pounds after giving birth to a baby (a vicious act of vanity as harmful to the mother as to the child) and countless others have claimed it cures everything from toe nail fungus to liver cancer. And oh yes of course WEIGHT. Others claim it is little more than the work of the Devil intent on making long suffering minions buy into yet another harmful over-hyped nonsense and should be avoided at all costs and all copies of Stanley Burrough's book burned for all eternity.

Me, I take the middle ground. I believe a weeklong fast is an enterprise the human body is well conditioned to, and possibly a key to health. As well it is something that can bring many benefits, from losing weight to losing bad eating habits to earning a greater appreciation of food and one's discipline and self esteem.

Please consult a doctor before undertaking any fast for longer than 2 days, especially if you are older, have never done one before, and any health issues. Probably not suitable for diabetics.

Source: http://www.nowloss.com/master-cleanse-diet.pdf

1. Juice lemons.
  2. Spoon in molasses or maple syrup over lemon juice in quart jar.
  3. Add cayenne.
  4. Ad

5. Fill the quart jar (32 oz) with water.
  6. Drink 3 of these a day, water, coconut water, and herbal teas (and nothing else).
  7. If you follow Stanley Burrough's recipe, this 'diet' requires a salt water flush in the AM. It must be undertaken for 10 days. Alternately, a person could just use this as an interesting and fun lemonade recipe.

Someone had recently asked me if I had heard of this "cleanse" and I had not so I am glad you posted this today. I have sent her the link you provided.

I'm not sure the amount of ingredients you provide match the ones listed but the instructions in the link seem to be very clear for anyone who might be interested so thanks for posting.
Betty