Mediterranean Feta Salad Recipes
This guide contains Mediterranean feta salad recipes
. Feta is a slightly salty, soft cheese that tastes amazing in salads. Here are a couple of delicious feta salad recipes to try.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fresh tasting salad with a lemon dressing that makes you think of spring. I will probably add olives and cucumbers next time and double the recipe. Great in wraps, added to lettuce or on it's own.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 - 5 servings
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pepper and salt, to taste
- Chop and combine vegetables in a large bowl with the feta cheese. Add drained and rinsed beans to the mixture and mix well.
- Combine lemon juice (about 1/4 cup) and olive oil. Use a fork or whisk to mix together, then add to salad. Add pepper, salt and lemon zest as you wish.
This salad is better after a few hours and keeps well. Feel free to substitute different types of beans, cheese or herbs for variations on the salad. Parmesan, oregano and tomato would be delicious.
Source: I originally found this recipe in a Weight Watcher booklet, with some substitutions.
June 6, 20050 found this helpful
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 pkg. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup seedless green grape halves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Dash salt
Combine lettuce, feta cheese, grape halves, and toasted pine nuts in a large bowl; set aside. Combine olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings in a jar. Cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour over salad, and toss gently.