Mediterranean Feta Salad Recipes
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts
January 9, 2013
Read More Comments
This is a fresh tasting salad with a lemon dressing that makes you think of spring. I will probably add olives and cucumbers next time and double the recipe. Great in wraps, added to lettuce or on it's own.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 - 5 servings
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pepper and salt, to taste
- Chop and combine vegetables in a large bowl with the feta cheese. Add drained and rinsed beans to the mixture and mix well.
- Combine lemon juice (about 1/4 cup) and olive oil. Use a fork or whisk to mix together, then add to salad. Add pepper, salt and lemon zest as you wish.
This salad is better after a few hours and keeps well. Feel free to substitute different types of beans, cheese or herbs for variations on the salad. Parmesan, oregano and tomato would be delicious.
Source: I originally found this recipe in a Weight Watcher booklet, with some substitutions.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Combine lettuce, feta cheese, grape halves, and toasted pine nuts in a large bowl; set aside.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.