Old Fashioned Potato Salad
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
August 25, 2015
Here is my mom's recipe for her potato salad! Handed down to each of her children and we all still make this the same exact way. Every party, get together or function, one of us are asked to bring the potato salad. You will love this. I promise. :)
- 5 lb white potatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup celery, finely minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled, sliced and diced
- 2 Tbsp dill relish
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- Boil whole potatoes with the skins on until fork tender, then chill.
- Boil eggs until hard, then chill.
- Remove all the skins off the cooked, cooled potatoes with a paring knife. Cut each potato in half, then across each potato several times to make cubes. Fill a bowl with these warm cubed potatoes. Set aside.
- Peel all the eggs and quarter each one, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add minced celery, red onion, cucumber, dill relish, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, dried dill, Dijon mustard & mayonnaise. Mix all very well.
- 4. Add eggs and stir gently. Add cubed warm potatoes. Stirring and folding in well. Making sure all is evenly mixed.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.